Thursday 7 November 2013

A visit to Knit and Stitch

A few weeks ago I visited the Knit and Stitch Show at Alexandra Palace.
The show is a must for anyone interested in any kind of Crafts.
This time I was without my friend Maria who this year could not accompany me.
We have been coming for years and I missed her this time.
I was however there on a mission. I wanted to see the work of Mandy Pattullo. 
Mandy is a Textile Artist from Northumberland and
she makes the most wonderful patchwork pieces from antique and found textiles.
I wanted to see them for myself as they appeal to my love of re-using old and treasured fabrics.
I met Mandy and her daughter Alice who is an illustrator and printmaker.



Her work is absolutely stunning and truly unique.
You can find Mandy at 
http://threadandthrift.blogspot.co.uk/ 


Two more shops I enjoyed looking at

Just gorgeous!!

Marjolein

No comments:

Post a Comment